Thursday 5:26pm
April 24, 2014
Currently 75°F

Towns County Newcomer Information

Now that you've decided to make Towns County your home, we want your move to go as smoothly as possible. The following information is designed to provide all the vital contacts, phone numbers, addresses and other data you will need during your transition.



Blue Ridge Mountain Electric

1360 Main St
Young Harris, GA
Phone: (706) 379-3121

Gas Companies

Blue Ridge Propane

US Highway 76 W
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-3742

Empire Gas

331 Murphy Hwy
Blairsville, GA 30512
(706) 745-9733

Suburban Propane

1717 Highway 17
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-1324

Water & Sewer

Boundary Waters Marine

528 Sunnyside Rd
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-2530

Hiawassee Water Authority

654 Water Plant Rd
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-1321

Hiawassee Water Dept

229 Chatuge Way
Hiawassee, GA 30546
(706) 896-2203
(706) 896-2202

Hiawassee Water

Treatment Plnt 654
Water Plant Rd
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-1321

K B Health Technology Inc

1953 Barrett Rd
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-3355


elecom Centers

1838 Highway 17
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-2500


Towns County Emergency Medical Service

150 Main St
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-6254

Hospitals & Medical Centers

Chatuge Regional Hospital

110 Main St
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-2222


Driver's License

A Georgia driver's license should be secured within 30 days of establishing residency in the state. A written exam and vision test are required for persons having a valid out-of-state license. A $15 fee is charged and must be paid in cash or money order.

Automobile Registration

Newcomers moving from a county within Georgia need to file an address correction. Out-of-state newcomers have 30 days after establishing residency to purchase a new tag.

Rabun County Courthouse

25 Courthouse Square
Clayton, GA 30525
Phone: (706) 782-3613

Voter Registration

Towns Cnty Board Of Registrars
48 River St # 30
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-4353

Pet Registration

Dogs, cats, and other domestic animals must be inoculated for rabies annually and wear proof of vaccination at all times.

School Registration

Children entering Georgia Public Schools for the first time must present proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, whooping cough, diptheria, and tetanus, as well as proof of eye, ear, and dental exams. Students who were previously enrolled should present their last report card and/or transcript.


Towns County Public Library

99 S Berrong St
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-6169


Towns County Tax Commissioner

48 River St # H
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-2267



Towns County Herald

482 N Main St
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-4454

Towns Sentinel

525 N Main St # B
Hiawassee, GA
Phone: (706) 896-6397

Local Radio


5301 Meadow Ln
Young Harris, GA
Phone: (706) 379-3169

Source: Towns County Chamber of Commerce

Gainesville, GA 30501
Wind: North 0 mph
Dew point: 41°F