Posted: Tuesday, August 19th 2014 at 12:00pm
Hagar wins duel for USCS Sprints Clayhill Clash cash
By Jacob Seelman
Derek Hagar scored the USCS Sprint Car Series Clayhill Clash Saturday night at Clayhill Motorsports. / Photo: Courtesy USCS Media
ATWOOD, TN –On Saturday night at Clayhill Motorsports in Atwood, TN, the Derek Hagar and Tim Crawley Show in United Sprint Car Series competition continued.
Hagar, the defending USCS champion from Marion, AR, started seventh but quickly marched forward, snatching the lead from pole starter Morgan Turpen on lap 5, then went on to hold off Crawley en route to the “Clayhill Clash” victory.
The win is Hagar’s seventh of the season, and the 28th of his USCS career.
The race featured three lead changes in the opening five laps, with Gray snatching the lead from teammate Turpen on the opening lap before Turpen re-gained the top spot one lap later. Turpen charged to nearly a straightaway lead before Gray flipped, to bring out a red flag on lap 4. Hagar surged from third to first to grab the lead on the re-start and from there, the die was cast.
Crawley got by Turpen near the mid-point of the race and chased Hagar to the finish line in second. Marshall Skinner rounded out the podium in third. Morgan Turpen came home in fourth and Tyler Blank completed the top five.
Jerod Roller, A.G. Rains, Dalton Davis, Ernie Ainsworth and Justin Webb rounded out the top ten.
Gray kicked off the evening’s racing action by winning the Hoosier Tire Speed Dash, and followed that up with a win in the first heat. Turpen rolled to the victory in the second heat and A.G. Rains netted the third heat win.
Crawley was the provisional polesitter after scoring the most passing points in heat race action, but after a four came up in the inversion draw, Turpen received the K&N Filters Pole Award.
The United Sprint Car Series continues their 2014 schedule on Saturday, August 23 with the re-scheduled running of the Dixie Sprint Car Nationals at Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA.
For more info, visit uscsracing.com.
USCS Sprint Car Series
Clayhill Motorsports - Atwood, TN
Clayhill Clash - Aug. 16, 2014
1. #9JR – Derek Hagar - Marion, AR
2. #88 – Tim Crawley - Benton, AR
3. #26 – Marshall Skinner - Marion, AR
4. #10M – Morgan Turpen - Cordova, TN
5. #75 – Tyler Blank - California, MO
6. #5 – Jerod Roller - Hernando, MS
7. #3 – A.G. Rains - West Memphis, AR
8. #12 – Dalton Davis - Millington, TN
9. #91A – Ernie Ainsworth - Bartlett, TN
10. #31 – Justin Webb - Drummonds, TN
11. #16 – Anthony Nicholson - Bartlett, TN
12. #13T – Taylor Tidmore - Hernando, MS
13. #1X – Eddie Gallagher - Olive Branch, MS
14. #28 – Jeff Willingham - Ripley, MS
15. #27 – Curt Terrell - Bartlett, TN
16. #11 – Jake Roach - Sardis, TN
17. #57 – Zach Roach - Saltillo, TN
18. #44S – Wesley Shephard - Nesbit, MS
19. #2 – Brandon Kilpatrick - Coldwater, MS
20. #44 – Ronny Howard - Nesbit, MS
21. #10 – Terry Gray - Bartlett, TN
22. #33 – Brett McMillen - Piperton, TN
DNS: #22 – Kevin Kilpatrick - Walls, MS
Link: USCS Sprint Car Series
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.