Wednesday 8:21pm
October 01, 2014
Currently 75°F
Posted: Monday, June 30th 2014 at 4:15am

Fire sparked by cookout damages home

By B.J. Williams Administrator
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
GAINESVILLE - It appears careless disposal of ashes from a backyard cookout caused extensive damage to a home on Cascade Drive in Hall County Sunday night.

Hall County fire officials said the homeowner told them he had disposed of ashes from a grill in a trash can at the corner of the house. He found the trash can on fire just before 8:30 p.m. and called authorities.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the fire extended up the exterior wall of the house and into the attic and caused about $25,000 worth of damage to the 1,400-square-foot house.

"This is a case where fire crews did a great job and saved property from being damaged. Attic fires are typically very destructive but Hall County Fire Services and Gainesville Fire Dept. did a great job," said Cagle.

Gainesville Fire provided automatic aid to Hall County.

No one was injured.
Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.038141
icon
75°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Scattered Clouds
Wind: North 0 mph
Dew point: 59°F