Posted: Monday, May 26th 2014 at 5:20pm
G. Braves staff helps save life of choking fan
By Alyson Shields Administrator
LAWRENCEVILLE - A father and son were enjoying a Gwinnett Braves game earlier this week, until the father began to choke on a hot dog and went into cardiac arrest.
Fox 5 reports that ushers, a medical team and athletic trainers for the team jumped into action, and in turn, saved Robert Adams' life.
"I froze, I didn't know what to do," said Adams' son, Rob. But the ushers did - they called the medical team and 911. Adams was not breathing by the time the medical crew arrived.
Along with the athletic trainers, the whole crew was able to stabilize Adams until an ambulance arrived.
"He had gasping breaths, it didn't look like he was with us," one athletic trainer told Fox 5.
After a time at the Gwinnett Medical Center, Adams was given a good bill of health.
But, the staff doesn't take credit for saving Adams' life.
"The glory goes to God," one medic told Fox 5. "God's the one who started that heart back up."
Adams and his son told the TV station they plan to return to Coolray Field for another game.
© Copyright 2015 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.