Posted: Friday, May 23rd 2014 at 7:12pm
Gainesville firefighters respond to Dorsey Street fire
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville firefighters responded to a house fire on Dorsey Street in the city Friday evening.
Division Chief Keith Smith said crews had the fire under control around 6:40 p.m.
The Gainesville Fire Marshal's office determined the cause to be unattended cooking, according to Smith.
While no one was hurt, Smith said two people were displaced by the fire that caused about $55,000 damage.
Firefighters initially thought the house was vacant.
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.