Posted: Wednesday, May 7th 2014 at 5:51am
Early morning fire destroys house on Chestatee Rd. in Hall Co.
By B.J. Williams Administrator
GAINESVILLE - Hall County fire officials said a house on Chestatee Road was destroyed by fire early Wednesday morning.
Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said firefighters were called to the scene around 3 a.m. and the house was already 75-percent involved in flames.
The four people inside the home were able to escape without injury.
Cagle said the fire appears to be accidental and may have started with a cigarette that was placed in a bucket on the back deck of the house.
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.