Wednesday 1:33am
September 17, 2014
Currently 70°F
Posted: Sunday, May 4th 2014 at 3:01pm

Gainesville house fire likely sparked by burning candle

By Staff
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville fire crews responded to a fire on Luna Lane Sunday morning.

According to Gainesville Fire Division Chief Keith Smith, the fire occurred at a residence on Luna Lane just after 1 a.m. Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke showing from the home. Smith said the residents said they came home to find a fire in the living room. He said the fire was thought to have been extinguished by a resident.

Also, crews discovered fire in the wall of the home, and quickly extinguished it. Smith said the occupants, two adults and one child, are staying with friends until repairs can be made to the home.

Smith said it's believed a candle left lit caused the fire.

Associated Categories: Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.061383
icon
70°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Clear
Wind: West 5 mph
Dew point: 66°F