Posted: Friday, May 2nd 2014 at 1:20pm
Fire extinguished at Hall Co. Recycling Center
GAINESVILLE - A fire Friday afternoon at the Hall County Recycling Center in Chestnut Street apparently was sparked by roofing materials.
According to authorities with the City of Gainesville and Hall County, when firefighters arrived, they noticed flames on the roof and smoke billowing from that same area.
No other damage was sustained, according to authorities, and the fire was contained to the roof area and extinguished.
Gainesville Fire Division Chief Keith Smith said roofers left the area unattended while they went to lunch and tar being used on the roof apparently caught fire. Because the recycling center is in the county, Hall County fire investigators will investigate the case.
No fire or smoke entered the building itself. No one was injured.
© Copyright 2015 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.