Thursday 6:29am
October 02, 2014
Currently 62°F
Posted: Tuesday, March 18th 2014 at 1:57pm

Firefighters respond to afternoon blaze in north Hall

EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
GAINESVILLE - Hall County firefighters responded to a house fire Tuesday afternoon in north Hall County on Pete's Drive off of Price Road.

Hall County Fire Marshall Scott Cagle said the call came in at 1PM. The residence, Cagle explained, was within sight of the responding fire station.

"They got there in four minutes," Cagle said. "When they did arrive they had a structure around 1600 square-feet...fifty percent involved in fire."

Cagle said all five residents were outside the burning home when crews arrived.

"The structure...is a total loss. The fire started in the living room around a space heater."

Cagle added that the five residents were planning to stay with family members and did not request Red Cross assistance.
Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.041203
icon
62°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Clear
Wind: North 0 mph
Dew point: 59°F