Saturday 7:19am
November 01, 2014
Currently 38°F
Posted: Thursday, March 13th 2014 at 12:45pm

Dahlonega fire ruled accidental

By Rob Moore Editor
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
Shenanigans Irish Pub in Dahlonega was damaged by fire early Thursday. (Photo/Rob Moore)
DAHLONEGA - The fire that damaged a popular restaurant just off the Dahlonega Square has been ruled accidental.

Glenn Allen of Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens' office confirmed at 12:15 p.m. the "accidental" ruling for the fire at Shenanigans Irish Pub.

"Investigators have determined that the fire started in the area of a gas heater in the office of the restaurant," Allen said. "It caused heavy damage to the building."

The early-morning fire was contained to the building.
Associated Categories: Business News, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.105037
icon
38°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Overcast
Wind: NW 17 mph
Dew point: 27°F