Posted: Wednesday, March 5th 2014 at 1:43pm
Sawnee EMC Foundation awards grants totaling $27,700+; Hall Co. group included
CUMMING - The Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation recently awarded $27,733 to local charities and teachers/classroom grants through its Operation Round Up program. The money went to:
1. St. Vincent de Paul Society / St. Michael Conference / Hall Co.
2. Stand Up for Kids, North Fulton Initiative
3. Forsyth County Family Haven
4. Good Shepherd Clinic of Dawson County
5. Ryan Lee Holland Cancer Foundation, Inc.
6. CASA of Forsyth County, Inc.
7. MUST Ministries, Cherokee
The Bright Ideas classroom grants were awarded to teachers in Forsyth, North Fulton, and Dawson area schools.
1. Tasha Hamil – Black’s Mill Elementary School
2. Tammie Rice – Holly Springs ES STEM
3. Katie Malcolm – Indian Knoll Elementary School
4. Angie Mitchell – Johns Creek Elementary School
5. Jennifer Rau – Liberty Middle School
Interested applicants are required to submit an application to the Foundation Board for their consideration. In order to qualify for a grant, the charity must be located in Sawnee EMC’s service area and/or provide a service to the community. Teachers can also apply for funds through the Bright Ideas program, which is part of Operation Round Up. A public or private teacher is eligible to apply for funding as long as the school he or she teaches at is within the Sawnee EMC service area.
These programs are made possible by the 20,000 plus members of Sawnee EMC that make the decision each month to round their electric bill up to the next highest dollar. This “extra change” goes directly into the Sawnee Foundation and is gifted back out into the communities Sawnee EMC serves. The average donation a member makes annually is $6…pennies a month. These small, yet generous, donations have allowed the Foundation Board to donate over $1.53 Million back into the communities since inception in 2003.
For more information about the Operation Round Up program, please call Cindy Badgett, Director of External Affairs at 678-455-1399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com