Tuesday 12:23am
September 02, 2014
Currently 76°F
Posted: Saturday, January 11th 2014 at 7:08am

Monday south Hall fire was accidental

By Derreck Booth Editor
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
Fire destroyed this house in the 5000 block of Loving Road Monday morning. (Photo submitted.)
FLOWERY BRANCH - Discarded fireplace ashes got the blame for Monday morning's fire in south Hall County that destroyed a house on Loving Road.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the homeowner set discarded ashes in front of the porch earlier that morning.

Cagle said winds were high on that day, 20 miles per hour with gusts even higher.

"It was a difficult fire to fight with the sub-freezing temperatures and most of all the wind. The wind is what really made the fire get much bigger in size," Cagle said Monday.

No one was home at the time of the fire. First responders rescued two cats from the basement of the 2500 square-foot house.
Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.038538
icon
76°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Clear
Wind: South 6 mph
Dew point: 69°F