Wednesday 7:42pm
April 23, 2014
Currently 74°F
Posted: Thursday, January 2nd 2014 at 7:30am

Child suffers smoke inhalation in Hall Co. house fire

By B.J. Williams Administrator
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
GAINESVILLE - A child was transported to Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville after she suffered smoke inhalation in a fire at her home Thursday morning.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the fire broke out around 5:15 a.m. at the 2,000 square-foot home on Ada Creek Drive.

"Right now the fire does appear to be accidental in nature, starting around the area of an electrical space heater with combustibles too close to that heater that was in the child's bedroom," said Cagle.

He said the parents told investigators they were awakened by a child's screaming.

All of the occupants of the house were able to make it outside safely.

Cagle said fire damage appeared to be contained to the bedroom where the fire originated and smoke damage was contained to the upper part of the house.

Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.045453
icon
74°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Clear
Wind: WSW 14 mph
Dew point: 39°F