Posted: Saturday, December 28th 2013 at 8:54am
Forsyth Co. fire chief picks up Governor's Public Safety Award
By Ken Stanford Staff
Chief Bowman is congratulated by Tim Bearden, director of the Georgia Public safety Training Center, as Governor Nathan Deal looks on.
FORSYTH - Forsyth County Fire Chief Danny Bowman was recognized recently by Governor Nathan Deal with a 2013 Governor's Public Safety Award.
Bowman was one of only seven "Contribution to Profession" award recipients statewide.
Bowman, now in his tenth year as Forsyth County Fire Chief, has overseen the substantial growth of the department, working to keep pace with the county’s rapid development as Forsyth remains among the fastest growing counties.
The Governor’s Public Safety Awards program recognizes public safety professionals in the following two categories:
• Act of Heroism – Recognizes those who, within the previous year, performed an exceptional deed that resulted in saving lives and/or protecting property.
• Outstanding Contribution which Enhanced the Profession – Job performance that had an overwhelming positive effect on the overall profession.
This year, nominations were submitted by local governments, state agencies, associations, police departments, sheriff’s offices, correctional facilities, fire departments, 911 communications offices, emergency medical services and emergency management agencies, and private citizens.
Recipients of the 2012 Governor’s Public Safety Awards are as follows:
• Bobby Atma, Columbia County Sheriff’s Office
• Keith E. Cox, Columbia County Sheriff’s Office
• Matthew J. MacDonald, Georgia State Patrol
• Wes Ward, Columbia County Sheriff’s Office
• MacKay Bloodworth, Georgia State Patrol
• Stanley Bowers, Gwinnett County Fire and EMS
• Michael Chastain, Gwinnett County Fire and EMS
• Michael Korb, Gwinnett County Fire and EMS
• David Brady, Department of Natural Resources
• Don Dasher, Department of Natural Resources
• Clint Jarriel, Department of Natural Resources
• Alan S. Harris, Lee County Fire Department
• Joe Hilton, Department of Natural Resources
• Jack Lawrence, Jr., Georgia State Patrol
• Jason M. Ross, Coweta County Sheriff’s Office
• James Bradley Walker, Georgia State Patrol
• John Matthew Webster, Gwinnett County Fire and EMS
• Jason Williams, Cherokee County Fire and EMS
Contribution to Profession Recipients:
• John G.R. Bankhead, Georgia Bureau of Investigation
• Gene Joy, Hall County Sheriff’s Office
• Terry Lane Joyner, Alpharetta Department of Public Safety
• Thomas E. “Buster” King, Jr., Georgia Department of Corrections
• J. Dale Mann, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
• Billy Mitcham, Thomaston-Upson County Emergency Management Agency
• Joseph Eugene Pope, Butt’s County Sheriff’s Office
• Courtney L. Terwilliger, Emanuel County EMS
© Copyright 2015 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.