Posted: Thursday, December 5th 2013 at 8:27am
Kitchen fire causes $5,000 damage to Clermont home
By Ken Stanford Staff
CLERMONT - A kitchen fire in a house in Clermont early Thursday caused about $5,000 in damage, according to Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle.
Cagle said the fire occurred about 3:00 in the 8400 block of Jenny Lynn Court off Holly Springs Road.
He the fire in the 2,000-square-foot house was "quickly extinguished" and that damage was contained to the stove and kitchen cabinets.
Cagle added the fire started when one of the occupants "dozed off while cooking" shortly after arriving home "from the night shift."
Associated Categories: Local/State News
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.