Tuesday 5:21pm
September 02, 2014
Currently 78°F
Posted: Wednesday, December 4th 2013 at 5:29am

Unattended cooking sparks Gainesville house fire

By Staff
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
GAINESVILLE - City fire investigators said something left cooking unattended on a stove top sparked a fire that caused almost $50,000 in damages to a Gainesville residence Tuesday night.

Fire Capt. Keith Smith said units were called to the home on Etta Vista Circle just off Thompson Bridge Road around 8:30 p.m. He said when units arrived, about 40-percent of the house was burning.

Smith said while the fire was brought under control quickly, the damage was substantial. The Fire Marshal estimated damage at $40,000 for the residence and $8,000 for a vehicle in the carport.

Smith said the occupants of the house escaped the fire without injury. However, one firefighter suffered a minor injury.
Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.106137
icon
78°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
light rain
Wind: West 6 mph
Dew point: 72°F