Wednesday 8:18am
October 01, 2014
Currently 62°F
Posted: Monday, November 25th 2013 at 11:05pm

N. Hall fire blamed on combustibles too close to heater; one injury reported

By Ken Stanford Staff
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
GAINESVILLE - One person was taken to the burn unit at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta Monday night following a fire in North Hall.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the call to the 5200 block of Mission Drive came in about 7:15 and that the caller reported a "basement fire." Cagle said when firefighters arrived the fire in the 2,000-square-foot "structure" had already been put out.

"Apparently the occupants had some combustible material that was too close to a wood burning heater/stove," Cagle said. "The material caught fire and the male occupant tried to remove it from the structure. There was no major damage...but in moving the material the male occupant sustained burn injuries" and was taken to Grady.

No other injuries were reported.
Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.041929
icon
62°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Clear
Wind: NE 4 mph
Dew point: 59°F