Monday 12:57pm
November 24, 2014
Currently 67°F
Posted: Tuesday, November 12th 2013 at 8:16am

Girl, 2, severely burned when gas ignites on slide

By The Associated Press
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
Grady Hospital
LOGANVILLE, Ga. (AP) Authorities say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that authorities are treating the case as an accident and do not anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.

Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.043749
icon
67°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Partly Cloudy
Wind: WSW 12 mph
Dew point: 57°F