Posted: Tuesday, November 12th 2013 at 5:14am
East Hall family loses home to overnight fire
By B.J. Williams Administrator
GAINESVILLE - A family in eastern Hall County was displaced by an overnight fire at their home on Coker Road.
Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said most of the mobile home was already engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived at the scene just before 12:15 a.m.. The occupants of the home were already outside and had tried to extinguish the fire with a garden hose, according to Cagle.
Cagle said it appears the fire started in the backyard where the people living in the home had run a wire from an outside junction box to an extension cord to a space heater. The cord shorted out and sparked several fires outdoors, which spread to the mobile home.
Cagle said the occupants will stay with family and friends.
No one was injured.
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.