Thursday 10:28pm
April 24, 2014
Currently 66°F
Posted: Friday, November 8th 2013 at 5:16pm

Hall house fire cause listed as extension cord

By Derreck Booth Editor
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
GAINESVILLE - Hall County fire investigators believe an extension cord is the culprit in a fire that did heavy damage to a house on Sky Lake Circle Thursday afternoon.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the damage estimate to the house is about $150,000. The approximately 2000 square foot Sardis area house was about half involved in flames when firefighters arrived, according to Cagle.

He earlier said one man was home asleep, but a phone call from a neighbor alerted him to the blaze.
Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.037661
icon
66°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Clear
Wind: East 6 mph
Dew point: 45°F