Posted: Tuesday, March 19th 2013 at 9:27pm
Hart County chief magistrate race headed to runoff
By Rob Moore Editor
HARTWELL – The race to replace the late Tony Welborn as chief magistrate judge of Hart County is still up in the air.
Because none of the seven candidates received a clear majority of the votes Tuesday, a runoff will be held April 16 between Todd C. Townsend, who received 24.31 percent of the votes (880), and Thomas J. Jordan, who received 22.51 percent (815).
Other vote totals included:
• Kay Sanders Ankerich with 15.77 percent (571 votes);
• Teresa L. Brown with 14.36 percent (520 votes);
• Robert W. Cordell with 5.08 percent (184 votes);
• Joey Smith with 13.26 percent (480 votes); and
• Randy D. Tallent with 4.70 percent (170 votes).
© Copyright 2013 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.