Monday 3:41am
September 01, 2014
Currently 71°F
Posted: Wednesday, February 27th 2013 at 12:31pm

Space heater sparks Buford house fire

By Staff
EMAIL STORY CONTACT EDITOR PRINT
click to enlarge
BUFORD - A Buford home is unliveable after an early morning fire Wednesday.

Gwinnett Fire Lt. Colin Rhoden said firefighters were called to the home in the 5600 block of Austin Garner Road at 3:08 a.m. after a neighbor spotted the fire.

Rhoden said the occupants of the of the home were able to escape the two-story wood frame house, although one of them sustained a minor foot injury while leaving the house. That person was treated and released at the scene, according to Rhoden.

Rhoden said the fire appeared to be accidental in nature with a space heater as the probable ignition source. He said the fire should serve as a reminder that residents need to be cautious when using space heaters, making sure to keep combustibles away from the heat source.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the two residents of the house.
Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News

© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.


  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
  • Click here
0.061955
icon
71°F
Gainesville, GA 30501
Clear
Wind: North 0 mph
Dew point: 69°F