Posted: Saturday, January 26th 2013 at 12:12pm
Small electrical fire closes Ingle's in Clarkesville
CLARKESVILLE - Even though damage was minimal, authorities closed the Ingle's supermarket in Clarkesville for about three hours following a small electrical fire Saturday morning.
Clarkesville Fire Chief Jerry Palmer said the fire broke out at some point during the 9 o'clock hour. He said the origin of the fire was an electrical outlet and damage was contained to that area.
Palmer said that Ingle's officials have a corporate procedure they follow in the event of a fire, and they have to ensure that food products in the store at the time of the incident will be safe for consumers.
The chief did not say how many people were in the store at the time of the fire. No one was injured.
Ingle's is the only supermarket in the city of Clarkesville.
The store re-opened at noon Saturday.
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.