Posted: Tuesday, January 22nd 2013 at 5:56pm
Details released on Monday's Banks County drug arrests
By Rob Moore Editor
Banks County and state officers descend on a property in Lula where one of those wanted on an arrest warrant had been living. (Photo/Rob Moore)
HOMER – The Banks County Sheriff’s Office has released names of those arrested during Monday’s round-up.
“The Banks County Sheriff’s Office, with assistance from the Georgia State Patrol and their aviation unit, along with officers from Pardons and Parole, and officers from the Georgia Department of Probation, conducted an early-morning operation where four search warrants were executed,” Sheriff Carlton Speed said. “Officers also arrested [numerous] individuals on drug-related warrants that had been obtained by the Banks County Sheriff’s Office.”
With a helicopter circling overhead, four teams of officers fanned out across the county to accomplish the arrests.
Search warrants were conducted at 210 Woodland St., Homer; 5509 Highway 51 S., Lula; 257 Highway 98, Homer; and of a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado pickup.
Officers also seized drugs, guns and U.S. currency during the operation.
Those arrested during Monday’s round-up operation included:
• Angela Mae Aitman, 34, of Homer, for sale of methamphetamine;
• Kennedy Crowell, Lula, for sale of morphine;
• Becky Chambers Dill, 55, of Maysville, for two counts of sale of Schedule III, IV, or V controlled substance: Lortab and Soma;
• Mitchell Keith Dill, 28, of Maysville, for sale of a Schedule I or II controlled substance: morphine;
• David Dan Green, 31, of Homer, sale of a Schedule I or II controlled substance: Oxycodone;
• Gwen Carol Nation, 50, of Lula, sale of a Schedule III controlled substance: Lortab;
• Andrew Scott O’Kelly, 35, of Homer, sale of a Schedule I or II controlled substance: methadone, sale of methadone within 1,000 feet of school property;
• Jill O’Kelly, 38, Homer, sale of a Schedule I or II controlled substance: methadone, sale of methadone within 1,000 feet of school property;
• Betty Ann Ridenour, 52, Homer, possession of methamphetamine;
• Jessica Nicole Wade, 27, Lula, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana;
• Renee Arlene Wade, 48, Lula, possession of a Schedule III controlled substance: Lortab, possession of a Schedule IV drug: Carisoprodol;
• Anthony Thomas Watkins, 29, Danielsville, sale of methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute, possession of methadone;
• Edith Ramona Wiley, 42, Homer, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, sale of cocaine within housing authority property, sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of school property, sale of cocaine.
Three of the arrest sites were in the same Homer neighborhood, within a few hundred feet of each other near the corner of Historic Highway 441 and Georgia Highway 98, Speed pointed out Monday.
Others arrested as a result of Monday's operation include:
• Tracy Yvonne Banks on an outstanding bench warrant in Banks County and an outstanding warrant in Arcade. The warrants were not drug-related, investigators said.
• Alan Seth Hubbard (currently in jail in Jackson County) for sale of methamphetamine;
• Cody Allen Lanphear (currently in jail in Hall County) for methamphetamine;
• David Dwayne Watkins for sale of methamphetamine.
“This is just a small step in our first days in office to demonstrate to the citizens of Banks County that we are committed to the fight against illegal drugs within Banks County,” Speed said.
Chief Deputy Shawn Wilson said Tuesday three outstanding warrants remain under investigation.
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.