Posted: Monday, December 10th 2012 at 8:13pm
Officials release details of fire and injuries in Jackson County
By Derreck Booth Editor
ATHENS - Jackson County emergency officials released details Monday in a fire that injured a man.
Jackson County Emergency Services Director Steve Nichols said it was a residential fire at 826 Fuller Road in the south end of the county.
Investigators said the male victim suffered burns to hands, face and arms.
"He did have first, second and third degree burns to these areas in different amounts. It came to about 20 percent burns total," Nichols said.
The victim was first taken to Athens Regional Medical Center and ultimately taken to Augusta for treatment of his burns.
"I don't know his current condition, which they won't release that information except to family," Nichols said.
Investigators said the victim was hurt while trying to take burning grease from a cooking fire outside. The double-wide mobile home sustained moderate fire damage, according to Nichols.
It happened around 6:35 p.m. Friday. Units from South Jackson, Arcade, and the Jackson County Correctional Institute fire Departments responded.
© Copyright 2015 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.