Posted: Monday, November 12th 2012 at 3:26pm
Lumpkin Co. child burned by boiling water
By B.J. Williams Administrator
DAHLONEGA - Lumpkin County authorities are not able to release many details, but they have confirmed that a 3-year-old boy was seriously burned by boiling water Monday afternoon.
According to Lumpkin Fire Battalion Chief Sharon Booth, the child suffered what appeared to be first and second degree burns.
The incident happened around 1:00 p.m. at a residence on Highway 9.
Booth said the child was airlifted to Grady Hospital's Burn Treatment Center in Atlanta. She said she could not release further information on the incident.
© Copyright 2014 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.