Posted: Thursday, October 6th 2011 at 9:49am
Red, rellow, black or white...it is the President's policies that I don't support
By Tom Smiley Staff
Personally, I'm sick and tired of being called racist for not supporting President Obama. I don't care if my President is red, yellow, black or white, What I care about is his/her vision for America and core values.
Morgan Freeman may be considered a great actor, but does that make him a great political commentator? I was saddened when I heard him say, "This whole tea party movement and especially that part against Obama is all about race." He continued by suggesting that Tea Party dislike of Obama is a form of racism.
Red, yellow, black or white; race does not matter to me. Here is some of why I do not support our current President.
- I do not share Obama’s vision or value system for America.
- I do not share his views that Radical Islam is our friend and Israel is our enemy who should give up any land.
- I do not share his abortion beliefs.
- I do not share his philosophy of re-distributing wealth.
- I do not share his views on raising taxes on those who make $150,000+.
- I do not share his view that America is arrogant.
- I do not share his view that America is not a Christian nation.
- I do not share his view that the military should be reduced by 25%.
- I do not share his views on homosexuality and his definition of marriage.
- I do not share his re-worked beliefs regarding healthcare.
— They have made every effort to remove the name of God or Jesus Christ from our society.
– They have challenged capital punishment, the right to bear firearms, and other basic American values I treasure.
Again, I don’t care if my President is red, yellow, black or white. What I care about is his/her vision for America and core values.
Today President Obama and I are worlds apart and no, the color of his skin has no bearing on my lack of support and confidence for him.
Dr. Tom Smiley is a pastor, author, speaker, blogger, husband, dad, and Christ-follower. He is a regional radio talk show host, regularly filling in at WDUN. He is the founder of Life with Smiles Ministry. His Sunday messages are broadcast on am 550 WDUN, and his “blog” entries and thoughts on God, Christian faith, current events, politics and Islam are available at the website below. His books: Runaway Lives: Overcoming Emotional Undercurrents, Angels all Around, and Uncommon Common Sense can be ordered at his Life with Smiles website below. Dr. Smiley is available for speaking engagements and discussion forums and can be contacted at email@example.com or by calling 770-532-6307.
Link: Dr. Smiley's blog
Link: Life With Smiles website
Associated Categories: Featured Columnists
© Copyright 2013 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.