Posted: Monday, June 27th 2011 at 5:09pm
Gay marriage will never be God's law
By Tom Smiley Staff
This past week the state of New York joined 5 other states in passing a law that allows people of the same sex to marry. Well, it might be New York’s law and it might become Georgia’s law (one day), but it will never become God’s law.
In Leviticus 18:22, God refers to homosexuality as an abomination and an unnatural sin. The New Testament letter Romans declares homosexual actions as shameful, unnatural, and indecent. The point is that since homosexuality is condemned in the Bible, it is clear that same sex marriage would not be God’s will.
Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. In passages that contain instructions regarding marriage such as I Corinthians 7:2-16 and Ephesians 5:23-33, the Bible clearly identifies marriage as being between a man and a woman. Biblically speaking, marriage is defined as a lifetime union of a man and a woman, primarily for the purpose of building a family and providing a stable environment for that family.
Some don’t accept the absolute truth of the Bible. To those who don’t hold to the sufficiency of God’s word on this topic, it is insightful to note non-Biblical support for marriage being defined between one man and one woman.
First, history argues against gay marriage. In every human civilization in world history the biblical view of marriage is the universal understanding of marriage.
So what is the problem?
If the Bible, history, psychology, and nature all argue for marriage being between a man and a woman — why is there such controversy today?
The answer according to the Bible is that everyone inherently knows that homosexuality is immoral and unnatural, and the only way to suppress this inherent knowledge is by normalizing homosexuality and attacking any and all opposition to it.
So, the homosexual agenda is to reject and replace truth with a lie. The lie is then promoted and the truth suppressed and attacked. Speaking of lies and misinformation. (What the gay radical agenda does not want you to know).
* In the decision of the United States in Murphy v. Ramsey (1885), it was stated, To allow a ‘right’ to a marriage of one man and two or more women would redefine marriage as it has been understood in all the laws of the United States…allowing one to marry two or more women would be changing the definition of marriage itself for the entire society.
* The U.S. Constitution says nothing about homosexual marriage and cannot be used to support any “right” to homosexual marriage.
* Marriage provides a better environment for having babies than any other relationship or institution.
* Married men and women raise and nurture children far better than any other human relationship or institution.
* Children who live with their own two married parents have much better physical and emotional health.
* A 1981 study revealed that only 2% of homosexuals were monogamous. A 1978 study found 43% of male homosexuals estimated having sex with 500 or more different partners.
* When the law defines marriage as between a man and a woman, it does not prohibit any homosexual person from marrying. They would just have to marry in the same way that everyone else in society has to marry—namely, they would have to marry someone of the opposite sex. This right is extended equally to all unmarried adults in society.
The Best Solution.
Some principled men and women in Congress should propose and work to pass a marriage amendment to the US Constitution in order to establish a uniform understanding of marriage.
My Heart Hurts.
I realize that there many moms, dads, brothers and sisters who have very special people imprisoned in the bondage of homosexuality. My heart hurts for them. I am confident that anyone who will turn to the one true God, accepting the gift of Jesus Christ, will discover healing, wholeness and forgiveness. I would be honored to help point anyone in that direction.
Of course, it is never right to bully, insult or hurt people who act differently from us or who believe differently. Christians should respond in Christ's likeness always in love. However, Christians should never be embarrassed or ashamed of telling people the truth. The reason: the truth will set you free!
Dr. Tom Smiley, is Senior of Pastor of Lakewood Baptist Church, Gainesville, Georgia. The 2400 member congregation is a vibrant Christian fellowship locally and globally. Dr. Smiley’s is the founder of “Life with Smiles Ministry”. His messages are broadcast on AM 550 WDUN and his ”Blog” entries and thoughts on God, Faith, Current Events, and Islam are available at the web link below. His Books, “Runaway Lives: overcoming emotional undercurrents”, “Angels all Around”, and “Uncommon Common Sense” can be ordered at his Life with Smiles website. Contact Dr. Smiley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Featured columnists' opinions, views and comments are not necessarily those of AccessNorthGa.com or JACOBS Media.
Link: Dr. Tom Smiley's blog
Associated Categories: Featured Columnists
© Copyright 2015 AccessNorthGa.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.